- Typical coating uniformity is less than 2-3% (less than .5% achievable in some configurations)
- Standard chamber sizes from 760mm–3m; larger chambers built to order
- Evaporation, sputtering, and ion-assisted process technologies
- Standard and custom-engineered fixtures
- Clear, intuitive control interface
- Advanced optical monitoring solutions
Hyperion optical coating system highlights
Hyperion applications include
- Bandpass filters
- Astronomical filters
- Anti-reflection optics
- Laser optics
Contact us to discuss your specific optical coating needs.
Dynavac leverages nearly 40 years of expertise in optical coating technology in the Hyperion series. Hyperion optical coating systems handle some of today’s most sophisticated optical coatings, with a variety of chamber sizes, fixturing, deposition technologies, and process control options that can be configured for most any type of process requirement.
No matter how complex your coating challenge—anti-reflective, high reflectors, edge filters, polarizers, beam splitters—you can be confident in a proven platform with a reputation for producing precise and repeatable coatings run after run.
Contact us for to discuss how Dynavac can help meet your optical thin film coating needs.
Hyperion features and system configurations
- Single or Multi-pocket electron beam sources
- High current thermal evaporation sources
- Magnetron cathode – DC, pulsed DC and RF
- End-Hall ion source with hollow-cathode neutralizer
- RF ion source with hollow-cathode neutralizer
The Hyperion platform offers the following range of standard-sized chambers:
- Box or split-cylinder designs
- Exterior traced with water cooling channels
- Two sets of stainless-steel wall liners
If you have a custom size or shape requirement, we can create a chamber that meets your specific needs. Contact us for more information.
Hyperion is available with a variety of pumping options to meet specific process requirements.
- Roughing systems using oil-sealed or dry mechanical pumps
- Cryogenic, turbomolecular or diffusion pumps for high-vacuum pumping
- Removable evaporation baffle for easy cleaning
- Meissner coil option with liquid nitrogen or closed-cycle cryogenerator
The Hyperion platform offers the following options to rotate the substrate:
Substrate tooling: single rotation
- Flat calotte
- Segmented fixture
- Domed fixture
- Flipping mechanism
Substrate tooling: planetary mechanism
- Multi-planet, dual rotation configurations
- Custom-engineered tooling
Loading carts/systems available for large optics
Substrate heating system
- Front-side quartz heating system
- Back-side Calrod heating system
- Custom solutions available for heating beyond 300oC
Glow-discharge cleaning system
Ion Source for substrate cleaning
The Hyperion system offers state-of-the-art layer thickness control to ensure process flexibility, precision and reliability run after run. The following are available:
- Physical: Quartz Crystal Control
- Optical: Spectrum-Pro Optical Monitoring System
The Hyperion product line includes a Dynavac-designed control system that can be customized for your unique requirements.
- Industrial programmable logic controller for high reliability
- Menu-driven graphical interface via LabVIEW software
- Data logging with user-selected variables
- Download capability from standard thin film design programs
- Remote diagnostic capability
Optical Coating Systems
In facilities around the world, you will find Dynavac systems in operation, handling some of the most sophisticated optical coating challenges. That means you can be confident in the performance of your Dynavac system, and the backing of a company that can meet your needs now and in the future.
Dynavac Delivers Large Optical Coating System to U of Rochester/LLE
Dynavac recently delivered a 74” Hyperion Optical Coating System to the University of Rochester’s Laboratory for Laser Energetics (LLE), a national resource for high energy physics.