Dynavac designs and builds PVD and PE-CVD systems for many applications and markets. We work closely with you to choose the thin film deposition components—from chambers through to control systems—that together meet your most demanding coating needs.
Quality thin film deposition components, carefully integrated into application-specific systems
PVD deposition sources
Large-area systems for flat or multi-dimensional substrates. Our deposition sources and power supplies are selected for optimal film smoothness, density, and adhesion.
- RF, AC, and DC power
- Planar and rotary magnetron sources
- Reactive processes for oxides, nitrides, etc.
- High current thermal sources
- Electron beam evaporation
- End-Hall ion source
- RF ion source with hollow cathode neutralizer
Our thin film deposition systems include Dynavac-designed control systems customized for your unique requirements.
- Industrial programmable logic controller for high reliability
- Menu-driven graphical interface via LabVIEW software
- Data logging with user-selected variables
- Download capability from standard thin film design programs
- Remote diagnostic capability
Our chambers are available in many configurations for batch and in-line coating:
- Cylindrical or rectangular
- Load locks
- Integrated material handling
Substrate tooling and heating
A wide selection of substrate tooling and heating choices are available. We also design innovative custom tooling, heating, and material handling solutions.
- Flat calotte
- Segmented fixture
- Domed fixture
- Flipping mechanism
- Multi-planet, dual rotation configurations
- Custom-engineered tooling
- Loading carts and loading systems for efficiently handling large substrates
- Front-side quartz heating system
- Back-side Calrod heating system
Dynavac’s Spectrum Pro Optical Monitoring System ensures process precision and reliability run after run. The system measures and adjusts deposition layer thickness via single wavelength or broadband monitoring giving an unparalleled level of control and automation for your precision optical coatings
Dynavac’s Spectrum-Pro Broadband system allows the user to analyze and measure data across the entire spectrum of light. It builds upon the Single Wave Monitor platform, adding intelligent film analysis and in situ re-optimization. Wide-band measurements of coatings are obtained in real-time during deposition with a variety of high-speed spectrometers. Measurements are compared with coating models and adjusted in real-time to achieve coating performance targets.
Spectrum Pro highlights
- Broadband and single wavelength layer monitoring options
- Reflectance, Transmittance; Direct or Indirect, intermittent, continuous monitoring modes available
- Multiple detector support; Silicon, InGaAs, and PMT options
- Interfaces with OptiLayer’s OptiReOpt to offer in situ coating re-optimization
- Dual Monitor mode allows traditional turning point monitoring with secondary detector (QCM)
Spectrum-Pro Broadband Optical Monitor
The Dynavac Spectrum-Pro Broadband Optical Monitor is a fully integrated hardware and software product that provides a new level of control for the production of thin films.
Spectrum-Pro Optical Monitoring System
The Spectrum-Pro combines the strengths of a precision optical photometer and quartz crystal monitor to provide a new level of precision in end-point detection of optical coatings.
Dynavac Releases the Spectrum-Pro Broadband Optical Monitoring Platform
Dynavac is pleased to announce the full release of its Spectrum-Pro Broadband Optical Monitoring platform to measure coating data across the entire spectrum of light. This system builds upon the Single Wave Monitor platform adding intelligent film analysis and in situ re-optimization.